MIGRAIN: January assessment learner response

 1) Type up your feedback in full (you don't need to write the mark and grade if you want to keep this confidential).

WWW: very good on challenging some audience theories
EBI:Q4 needs a more detailed and balanced answer

2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Identify at least one potential point that you missed out on for each question in the assessment.
Q1) I think I just needed to add more detail on the answer and go more into depth of why it creates this meaning and the "sexualisation" of men and such

Q2)I could of mentioned how it could maximise profits for the company

Q3) I could of talked about Ofcom and what their relevance and their purpose it towards it

Q4) I could've included the two-step flow model into my answer.

3) On a scale of 1-10 (1 = low, 10 = high), how much revision and preparation did you do for this assessment? You may also want to think here whether you had completed all the original blog tasks from last term before doing the assessment.

I would say about a 5, I think I got the needed details on the test as I also met my target grade.


4) Look at your answer for Question 2. Did you manage to write about three different strategies and three different benefits? It's vital you read the question and follow it exactly.
I did manage to write about all three types and I explained one of them very well and the other ones needed development.


5) Look at your answer for Question 3. Did you follow the question guidance and write about both the BBC and commercial broadcasters? What could you have added to this answer to reach a higher mark?
I did write about both of them however I think I needed to explain more why people thought newer technologies would take over the BBC and if the BBC were to stay and how they would be able to retain their position.


6) Now look over your mark, teacher comments and the mark scheme for Question 4 - the 20 mark essay question on media effects theory. Write a new paragraph for this question based on the suggested theories/answers in the mark scheme. Make sure it is an extensive, detailed paragraph focused on the question and offering examples from the wider media. 


The cultivation theory and how overtime watching TV will influence individuals, the two-step flow model and how people are more likely to respond to people instead of media, the uses and gratification theory of how people actively seek out media and dependency theory of how people will turn to media for comfort and such.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIGRAIN: Index

MIGRAIN: Feminist theory

Newspapers: The decline in print media