MIGRAIN assessment 1 - learner response

 1) Type up your feedback in full (you don't need to write the mark and grade if you want to keep this confidential).

WWW: Some solid answers, usually well structured

EBI: More detailed answers needed, including more theory 

2) Read the mark scheme for this assessment carefully. Identify at least one potential point that you missed out on for each question in the assessment.

-I think I could have implemented Todorov's theory a bit better

-I could have talked about the UK class difference and stereotypes in more detail

-I could have explained the narrative and genre importance in more detail

-My oppostional, preferred and negotiated ready could have included more detail in terms of explaining why

3) Read this exemplar response from a previous Year 12 (an A grade) - note this was a slightly different paper in terms of the question wording (we've updated it to better reflect recent exams). Identify at least one potential point for each question from this student's paper that you could have mentioned in your assessment. 

I could have talked more about the mise en scene such as the props and their significance to the story, I also could have especially talked about British values and cultures to further signify my answers. In my final answer I could have talked more about the implication that the magazine was trying to imply and go further in depth about the oppositional and preferred readings.

4) Did you get any media terminology or theory wrong in the assessment? Make a note of it here for future revision, including theories/terminology that you could have used but didn't.
I think I could have mentioned Abrocombrie's theory to reinforce my point that I made as it would have made a clearer understanding on my points.

5) Identify your weakest question and write five bullet points that would improve on your original response. Use the mark scheme and exemplar paper to identify these points - particularly focusing on the anticipated content and the top level descriptors.

I think the last question was my weakest because I did not explain it in detail enough, I felt as is I could have done more, my oppositional, preferred and negotiated readings could have a more detail into more why  they induce this kind of impact to the audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIGRAIN: Index

MIGRAIN: Feminist theory

Newspapers: The decline in print media