First Blog Task

 First blog task


1) Why did you choose A Level Media Studies?

I did media for GCSE and I enjoyed doing it, I also enjoy working with computers as a plus.

2) Did you take GCSE Media Studies (either here at Greenford or at a different school)?

I took GCSE media at Greenford

3) If you answered yes to Q2, what grade did you achieve in GCSE Media? 

I achieved a 6 as an overall grade but an 8 in my coursework.

What coursework task did you complete? 

I made a website promoting an independent horror movie. Made a magazine cover for music artists and did a bit of photoshop work.

What would you say your strengths and weaknesses were in GCSE Media?

My strength in media was the coursework tasks such as video editing, photoshop and all of the practical work. However, my weakness was the analysis/written part of the media

4) What grade do you hope to achieve in A Level Media?

I hope to achieve at least a 7 in my A-Levels

5) What are your current thoughts about your next steps after A Levels - university, apprenticeship, work?

I haven't fully decided on what I am going to do but I would like to do something related to video games.

6) What do you think the biggest MEDIA story of 2022 has been and why?

I am not sure as there have been quite a lot of events in 2022 for example the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard case, The cancellation of Andrew Tate, The Will Smith Oscars incident, etc. Out of the mentioned event I would say that the Johnny Depp case would be one of the biggest ones as it tackles quite a few problems such as domestic abuse and the division between men and women.

7) What media sources do you use to find out about news and current affairs?

I use Social media such as Reddit, Twitter, etc. and BBC news as a way of getting my news sources.

8) What was the last film you watched?

The last film I watch was American psycho.

9) What is your favourite ever TV series?

My favourite series would have to be Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.

10) How many hours do you spend online on an average day? Is this too little, too much or about right? Why? (If you have an iPhone you can use Screen Time to get an accurate figure of how much you use your phone).

I spend quite a lot of time on the computer, I think it is a bit much but at the same time, I don't so very much so I believe that the lack of activities justifies my prolonged computer usage.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIGRAIN: Index

MIGRAIN: Feminist theory

Newspapers: The decline in print media